9/2/12

8 Weeks To Becoming Fruitful--->Getting Depression OUT of Your Vocabulary!

The slippery slope of depression.  I know the path leading toward it far too well and the path victoriously walking away from it, far to little.  Depression has been a life long struggle for me.  Some that know me would be shocked by this statement.  I mean my nickname is "Joyful Socks" for the love of Peter Parker.  Others, who know me well, will not be shocked at all.  I recall a song, Smokey Robinson wrote, "The Tears of a Clown", that has consistently been me!
251/365 - Manic Depressive
Photo Credit
Depression as a whole, in my life, has been a constant tug-of-war.  I will feel as though I am gaining ground and then loose it just as quickly when the next challenge arises.  Ignoring the fleshly pull of depression is not wise.  Allowing it too much "lip service" is equally dangerous.  What has the overcoming answer been for me?  How do I grasp onto the abundance of joy that the Lord promises?  How do I consistently live in His victory, far from the pull of depression in my daily life?
Broken Flowers
Photo Credit
2 Peter 1:4-11

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust: 

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 

And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brother kindness charity.

For these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see far off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins."

I will be writing a series to this affect over the next 8 weeks.  Together we will share testimonies, examine scripture and edify one another to a higher walk in the Lord's service.

We will discuss and cover the steps to defeating everyday depression, examine and learn to walk in the power God has imparted to us through the Holy Spirit, and find the practical application of scripture in walking daily without depression, and promote the encouragement to begin this journey on the road from depression.

Week one of our study will begin next Monday, September 10, 2012 and the final post coming at the end of October.  I hope you will join us for this series and encourage others to join in too.

Original Photo Credit
 
The Joyful Socks Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.